For information about what experience level you should register for, please see the Competition Rules page.
- Does the registration fee include one competition event, or do I have to pay for every event?
- Do I need to send in my videos at the same time as I register?
- Who will be judging the events, and will I be able to see other competitors’ performances?
- What are the video submission guidelines, and how do I submit my competition videos?
1. Does the registration fee include one competition event, or do I have to pay for every event?
The registration fee does not include the first event.
We have tried both alternatives over the years, but we have found that people make fewer mistakes in filling out the registration form when we separate competition registration from each event. Since our individual registration forms are now online-only, this also makes designing the web form more straightforward and easier to follow.
2. Do I need to send in my videos at the same time as I register?
No, you can send in your videos anytime after registering, as long as you do so by the submission deadline of October 31
3. Who will be judging the events, and will I be able to see other competitors’ performances?
All events will be judged by qualified national and international judges. Videos of all competitors’ performances will be available for review for one month after all video submissions have been scored.
For more information, please go to our Officials Page.
On December 1 our judges will begin reviewing video submissions, completing all scoring by December 10. Certificates of Participation and Award will be sent out once all events have been scored.
4. What are the video submission guidelines, and how do I submit my competition videos?
Videos must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Include only the video of the performance, without any video prior or after the performance; do not include any superimposed text or other images on any part of the video.
- The competitor’s entire body and any weapons must be visible throughout the video.
- The camera may pan back and forth minimally during the performance, but may not be zoomed in out.
- Musical accompaniment is permitted, but the original audio must also be present at full volume.
- The video must be recorded on or after August 15.
Videos must be 720 x 480 or higher resolution, with adequate lighting and sound. The form must be done in one take; you can’t combine different performances of the same form. The competitor can record their form as many times as they like, selecting the best version of their performance to submit to us.