For information about what experience level you should register for, please see the Competition Rules page.
- Does the registration fee include one competition event, or do I have to pay for every event?
- Do I need to send in my videos at the same time as I register?
- What are the video requirements?
- Who will be judging the events, and will I be able to see other competitors’ performances?
- When will I receive my medals and certificate?
- Are there extra fees for shipping certificates and medals?
1. Does the registration fee include one competition event, or do I have to pay for every event?
The registration fee does not include the first event.
We have tried both alternatives over the years, but we have found that people make fewer mistakes in filling out the registration form when we separate competition registration from each event. Since our individual registration forms are now online-only, this also makes designing the web form more straightforward and easier to follow.
2. Do I need to send in my videos at the same time as I register?
No, you can send in your videos anytime after registering, as long as it’s by the submission deadline of December 5.
This is different from the registration deadline, which is November 30.
3. What are the video requirements?
- Videos must be 720 x 480 or higher resolution, with adequate lighting and sound.
- The form must be done in one take; you can’t combine different performances of the same form. The competitor can record their form as many times as they like, selecting the best version of their performance to submit to us.
- The video must be recorded on or after October 1st.
You can email submissions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, share a YouTube link, or use a service such as Dropbox to share a link where we can download your submission.
4. Who will be judging the events, and will I be able to see other competitors’ performances?
All events will be judged by qualified national and international judges. Videos of all competitors’ performances will be available for review for one month after all video submissions have been scored.
For more information, please go to our Officials Page.
5. When will I receive my medals and certificate?
On December 6 our judges will begin reviewing video submissions, completing all submissions by December 19. Medals and certificates of participation will be sent out once all events have been scored.
6. Are there extra fees for shipping certificates and medals?
Within the U.S., there is no shipping fee for the Certificate of Participation and first medal; additional medals may incur fees.
There may be additional fees for international shipping, due to the heavier weight of medals. We will contact you if necessary.